I had to do a little troubleshooting when attempting to embed a playlist from 8track by following the instructions given on the shortcode guide to embedding from 8tracks,com. The shortcode link I created isn’t converting to the playlist, but remaining as an instruction which doesn’t appear to do anything…
[8tracks url=”http://8tracks.com/jellyfxsh/your-ego-is-getting-bigger-and-bigger-like-my-hand”height=”250″ width=”300″ playops=”shuffle”]
For those wanting to embed a playlist and coming across the same problems as I am, you can try the following:
1. Go to 8tracks.com and select your playlist
2. Click on the ‘Share’ button to the right of the audio player which looks like an arrow coming out of a box
3. Select the icon ‘Embed player’ <>
4. This will bring up a pop-up window where you can select ‘WordPress shortcode’, which will produce a code in the bottom of the pop-up
5. Copy and paste the code in to your new blog post.
I’d be interested to know if anybody knows why the original shortcode didn’t word for me? ?Has anybody else had the same problem?